Adventures by Disney announces the introduction of its first-ever river cruising itineraries. Sailing with AmaWaterways, the travel industry’s premier luxury river cruise line, Adventures by Disney river cruises offer a new way for you to experience the heart of Europe in a way that is active, immersive and easy.
In 2016, Adventures by Disney will offer sailings along the Danube River, allowing you to explore the iconic locations and hidden gems in eight destinations across four countries – Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary.
These 8-day/7-night active departures will take you off the beaten path in search of the culture, art and unique stories intrinsic to each European city and town visited. From medieval activities at Devin castle in Bratislava and a walk along the tree tops in Kopfing to a visit of locations filmed in “The Sound of Music” in Salzburg and biking in every port, the opportunities for exploration are endless!
As you explore, you will sail aboard the all-new, 170-passenger AmaViola, a river cruise ship that is being custom built by AmaWaterways with families in mind. New family-friendly design elements include specific room configurations, including six sets of connecting staterooms, as well as some rooms and suites that accommodate three- and four-person families, and other unique details that lend themselves to luxury family vacations.
Onboard activities will offer something for everyone. Adults can enjoy wine tasting, music, dancing and an onboard fitness center, along with some of the finest cuisine and service available, while Junior Adventures can enjoy activity nights, movies, karaoke, relay games, life-size chess lessons, video games and more. Teens will also find activities created specifically for them.
These exclusive Adventures by Disney sailings will take place July 7-14, July 14-21, July 21-28 and July 28 – Aug. 4, 2016. A special holiday themed sailing, departing Dec. 22, 2016, will also include visits to the renowned Christmas markets in Budapest and Vienna, a Vienna Boys Choir Christmas performance in the Hofburg Palace Chapel and a special holiday menu lunch.
And, if you’re looking for even greater immersion into local culture, they can add an Adventures by Disney guided 3-day/2-night pre- or post-stay land package in Prague, Czech Republic, which includes a variety of active experiences, such as a cultural immersion tour of Prague with a local guide, dinner at Folklore Garden with traditional music and dance, a Prague river cruise featuring monuments and architectural highlights and much more.
Adventures by Disney River Cruises will be available to Adventure Insiders, past Adventures by Disney Guests, beginning today, April 14, 2014. They will open to the general public tomorrow, April 15, 2015.
Contact me for more information or to book one these All-New River Cruises.
– Cody Woodbrey
Guests often ask me, “What benefits are there to staying on Disney property and do guests really save money?” or “We don’t spend a lot of time in our resort, will it make a difference in our trip experience?” The answer is, “YES!” and here is why.
1. Free Transportation – No need to rent a car or pay for any toll-road fees when staying on Disney Property. Guests can enjoy free transfers to and from the Orlando International airport with Disney’s Magical Express. Included with this service is luggage pick up. Disney will pick up your luggage from baggage claim and deliver straight to your hotel. This will you time and a hassle of getting your own bags. On your return home, Disney will check your bags for your flight home right from your hotel. So you don’t have to drag them with you to the airport. To top it off, transfers to and from your resort to the various Disney theme parks, water parks and Disney Springs are also included with your package.
2. Free Parking at All Disney Theme Parks – It doesn’t matter if you choose to rent a car or take your own vehicle, Disney resort guests will not have to pay the daily parking fee to park at the various theme parks or water parks. The parking fee right now starts at about $20 per vehicle.
3. Proximity to the Parks – One of the main reasons for staying on property is the ability to get to the parks easily and quickly. Taking a quick break in the afternoon to get away from the crowds and heat has never been easier. There is nothing like enjoying a dip in the pool a hot summers day. Also, many of the resorts have multiple forms of transportation options to the parks like the taking the monorail or a boat. Some resorts are even so close you can walk from your resort to the park.
4. Free Magic Bands – Disney Resort guests will receive free Magic Bands for each person traveling. Which is a savings of about $22 per person. The Magic Bands connect your room key, park tickets, meal plan, Memory Maker, FastPasses and you can even make purchases for merchandise, food and more. Who really wants to carry all those extra cards around anyway?
5. Extra Magic Hours – One of the other benefits for staying on property are the extra park hours reserved exclusively for resort guests. Guests can enjoy extra time in the parks either an hour before the park opens or two hours after the parks close.
6. FastPass “+” Those staying with Disney have the chance to pre-pick Fastpasses up to 60 days before checking into their hotel. Giving them a 30 day head start over those not staying at a Disney Resort. The extra time allows the guest the opportunity of getting the desired attractions and times they want verses taking what’s left over.
7. Disney Atmosphere – From the moment you step on to Disney Magical Express to the time you arrive back to the airport you are immersed in that fun and exciting Disney Magic. Disney Resorts provide guests with a unique experience you can only get staying on property. From hidden Mickey’s in sheets to larger than life figures around your resort you will not get a grander and more Magical experience staying on property. Each resort has multiple pools with fun and exciting themes. Plus, there are great and unique photo opportunities at each of the resorts – Say “Cheese”!
8. Dine in the Magic – As we all know eating in the parks can be quite expensive and stressful. Well, Disney has come up with a delicious way in lowering this cost. Resorts guests can add one of the Disney meal plans prior to their trips and save about 25% of the cost of their meals. There is No reason for guests to choose the cheapest options of the menu or go hungry any more!
9. Package Delivery – When you buy merchandise in the parks you have the option for Disney to send it straight to your hotel so you don’t have to carry it around the park or carry it with you back to your hotel room.
10. Memory Maker Sharing – Let Disney’s professional photographers document your trip for you! Disney has photographers throughout each of the theme park ready to take your pictures. Enjoy an unlimited array of photos taken by Disney photographers which include pictures taken in the parks, at select dining experiences, attractions and videos from select attractions. You don’t have to purchase each photo individually any more, because you get digital copies of each picture taken. When traveling with a larger group you still only have to buy one Memory Maker for the whole family. Talk about savings!
11. Magical Extras – Each package will receive four vouchers to both Disney’s onsite miniature golf courses, four vouchers to visit the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, plus additional discounts at Disney Springs for savings of 10-20% off various goods.
12. 24-Hour services – Disney Cast members are available 24 hours – Which means you have less things to stress about and more time to relax and have fun!
There are literally hundreds of photo opportunities while cruising with Disney. Here you will find the top 25 ideas and places guests like to take pictures while cruising. These do not include the top places to take pictures on Disney’s private island, Disney’s Castaway Cay nor on port adventures. Comment below, if you have other places you like to take pictures while cruising with Disney!
1. In the port terminal before you board the ship
2. By the main statue in the Atrium
3. Of the Lobby Chandelier
4. While sitting in one of the large port holes around the ship
5. Of the stateroom door and Stateroom
6. In the different restaurants – Animator’s Palate is the top restaurant to take pictures of
7. With your servers, room host and other cast members
8. While playing the various games onboard
9. By the Walt Disney Theatre picture, right before the entrance of the theatre
10. In front of the big red stacks with the Disney Cruise Line logo – Try taking daytime and nighttime pictures
11. While playing and relaxing around the pool areas
12. Of the dinner menus and food – Great way to keep track of what you ate and what you liked during your cruise
13. With Captain Mickey
14. While on board the ship at the different ports of call
15. At the different deck parties and activities
16. While enjoying Pirate Night
17. Of all the kids areas: Andy’s Room, Oceaneers Club, the Vibe and so on
18. With Disney’s VIP Characters dressed in their different outfits – Outfits change nightly
19. With the main theme backdrops for each night – they change nightly
20. While exploring the ship
21. Of all the different towel creations
22. Of all the different clubs on board
23. With the Golden Mickey’s statue
24. By the ship when it’s docked
25. By the “All aboard”, “Welcome Home” & “We’ll See You Real Soon” signs
– Cody Woodbrey
If you like my blog, please click on the follow button at the top of the page, Thank you!