Over the last year, Minnie Mouse has been inviting guests to meet her friends for a fun and exciting dinning parties at the Hollywood Vine restaurant in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. For this upcoming Halloween season, Minnie and her friends will be dress in their all-new Halloween costumes for the parties. Minnie’s Halloween Dine starts on September 12th and runs through November 6th. The cost for this event is $46.99 per adult and $27.99 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Guests can book this character dining experience today online at DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
New Happenings at Walt Disney World This Summer
This summer is going to be filled with all new attractions and entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort. Each park will have something new to offer to their guests. The excitement doesn’t stop there but continues at Disney Springs and Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. Several new shops, restaurants and entertainment will be opening throughout the summer at Disney’s Springs. Lastly, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will have guest participating in all new Frozen Games with some of the characters from Frozen.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic Show – For the summer, Discovery River becomes the stage for music and pageantry in a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film The Jungle Book. The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic is a live show filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – The Tree of Life swirls with dramatic color throughout the evening as artistic projections tell stories of love, adventure, humor and culture.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – When this nighttime dance party hits the streets, you’ll get to revel in the splendor of all living things alongside stilt walkers, musicians and more.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – You’ll be able to join singers, dancers, acrobats and musicians for a wild and wonderful street festival that kicks off when the sun sets.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Launch Bay – It’s the place to go for popular character encounters and more. The Launch Bay currently has guests meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren but soon Boba Fett too will be joining them.
- Star Tours– The Adventures Continue – On this thrilling attraction, you’ll travel to Jakku, an all-new destination from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Bring your Younglings to hone their Lightsaber skills in preparation to face the dark side.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Look to the skies for this nightly fireworks finale bursting with Star War music and magic. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is taking this firework show to the next level starting in June.
- Frozen Ever After – This boating adventure through Arendelle features favorite Frozen characters, songs and a visit to Elsa’s Ice Palace in the cool blue world of the North Mountain.
- Royal Sommerhus – You’ll have a royally good time as you meet Anna and Elsa in a charming Norwegian culture.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire – Music and magic arrive at the castle stage for a new show featuring Mickey Mouse and pals, along with characters from The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen.
- Town Center – This new Disney Springs neighborhood will feature unique flagship stores, incredible boutiques, restaurants and much more.
The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an addition of all new Star Wars-inspired entertainment and shopping experiences.
Star Wars Launch Bay
At the all new Star Wars Launch Bay, guests can interact with some of their favorite Star Wars characters by choosing to encounter the Dark Side in a Star Destroyer themed area, or visit with the brave Rebels in a makeshift Rebel Base. One path leads to Darth Vader, while the other leads to Chewbacca.
The Launch Bay also includes two different exhibits – Celebration Gallery and Celebration Hallway to view iconic ships from the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy fleet, as well as replica Star Wars props and murals. Guests excited for the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens can head to Preview Gallery to explore an area filled with costumes, artwork, models and more from the new film. And of course, guests will be able to shop at the Launch Bay Cargo, where they can shop a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
This well know attraction has been enhanced to feature new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including minor additions to older adventures so be sure to keep an eye out for those extra touches.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
The popular Jedi Training is back and ready for guests to experience something a little different and new. In this experience, Younglings join with the rebel alliance as young Padawans and learn how to become a Jedi at the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This popular offering also has been enhanced to feature new characters, including a new villain – the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For those who may not be up-to-date on the Star Wars film franchise, will have the opportunity to do so at the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. Here, guests can view an abridged cinematic reel that reviews Star Wars episodes I-VII.
All New Star Wars-inspired food items have been added to menus throughout the park. These menu items will include foods such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream Cupcakes, and much more.
“Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular”
Blasting off on December 18, 2015 an all new nightly firework show, “Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” will be added to the line up of great entertainment.
Starting January the 6th, guest will be able watch the fireworks from a reserved viewing area during a special dessert party – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.” There will be Star Wars-themed desserts and drinks. Guest will also receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
– Cody Woodbrey
Disney is excited to debut all-new Star Wars experiences at Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida in the coming months.
Beginning Nov. 16, 2015, guests visiting Disneyland Park will have the chance to jump to lightspeed with Season of the Force, featuring opportunities to meet some of their favorite Star Wars characters, experience an exciting twist on a favorite attraction and more.
Opening at Disneyland Park on Nov. 16 will be:
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This new area will offer opportunities to visit with favorite Star Wars characters, special exhibits, peeks at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and much more.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – This popular attraction will feature a new scene inspired by the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training Academy : Trials of the Temple – Coming in December, a twist on the Jedi Training experience will introduce new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney X D series, Star Wars Rebels.
- Hyperspace Mountain – For a limited time, guests will join an X-wing starfighter battle in this reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction.
- Other limited-time experiences include:
- An opportunity to revisit favorite scenes from classic Star Wars films at Tomorrowland Theater.
- Special themed food and beverage, merchandise and entertainment.
Disney will have release dates to share soon for Season of the Force at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Disney Parks is also preparing to take guests to a galaxy far, far away with new Star Wars-themed lands. With groundbreaking scheduled to take place in 2016 for our largest single-land expansions ever, building the new 14-acre lands will be major projects at both Disneyland Park in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
Work to make room for this new land at Disneyland Park in California will require the Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad to close temporarily. The following will suspend operations at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016:
- The Disneyland Railroad, including all stations
- Attractions along the Rivers of America, including:
- Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
Elsewhere in Frontierland, Big Thunder Ranch – including Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue, Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm and Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree – will close permanently at the end of the operating day on Jan. 10, 2016.
Stay tuned for more details on Season of the Force!
– Cody Woodbrey
At the D23 Expo 2015, Disney has announced an all new line-up of attractions and entertainment will be coming to both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Later this year, Star Tours will include a new adventure featuring locations and characters from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, giving guests a new adventure in the Star Wars galaxy. This will be in addition to the already 50 different sequences guests experience now.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This interactive experience will take guests into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, including opportunities to visit with new and favorite Star Wars characters, special merchandise and food offerings. Star Wars Launch Bay will be located in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- Jedi Training Academy – A favorite of younger fans is reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney X D series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, you can explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment throughout the land, themed food locations and more. Guests also will be thrilled to climb aboard Hyperspace Mountain, a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
– Cody Woodbrey
Frozen Summer Fun is back at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from June 17 – September 7, 2015! Enjoy a Frozen fireworks show, royal welcome, sing-along celebration, DJ dance party, special merchandise and food & beverage offerings.
“Frozen” Summer Fun highlights include:
“Frozen” Royal Welcome
You can watch and wave as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf make their way through Disney’s Hollywood Studios twice daily in a festive cavalcade, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiers and ice cutters. Anna leads the procession in a horse-drawn sleigh, as Elsa glides by on a stunning ice palace float.
For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration
Just in time for “Frozen” Summer Fun, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here, you can join the Royal Historians of Arendelle as they host this fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
Olaf’s Summer Cool Down
As the temperature heats up, you can cool off with Olaf who happily shares a burst of flurries from his personal snow cloud. Here you will see Olaf sing his one is favorite summer songs.
“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party
When the sun goes down, DJ Chill and some favorite Disney Characters take to the stage for the “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party where you can rock out to a medley of the hottest “Frozen” hits!
“Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular
As the night comes to a close, you can celebrate the coolest day ever as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities – an awe-inspiring “Frozen” Fireworks display set to the music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow.
If you are looking for something extra special to do, you can enjoy a day fit for Arendelle royalty with the “Frozen” Summer Fun Premium Package, which includes royal viewing access to a trio of these experiences. Each package includes:
- Reserved viewing for “Frozen” Royal Welcome – complete with regal refreshments, including soft drinks and ice cream.
- Reserved seating for a choice of one show time of For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration.”
- “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular viewing with dessert party, featuring Frozen-themed desserts, as well as specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
The cost for the package is $69 for adults, $39 for children ages 3-9. Tax and gratuity are included.
– Cody Woodbrey
If you are planning on taking to Walt Disney World in the future, please contact me for more information and deals.
– Cody Woodbrey
Once again, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is hosting this year’s Star Wars Weekends. Over the course of 5 weekends, Friday – Sunday, May 15 – June 14, guests have the opportunity to feel the power of the force with all new entertainment along with the chance to meet some of their favorite celebrities from the Star Wars films.
The universe of Star Wars comes to life for guests through having more than 60 Star Wars characters roaming the theme park for meet-and-greet opportunities, a Star Wars motorcade, and the “Symphony in the Stars” nighttime fireworks spectacular saluting iconic sounds of the films. The event will also feature event-exclusive merchandise at Darth’s Mall, Star Wars-inspired dining offerings where guests meet Star Wars characters, specialty food and beverages, interactive activities, and much more.
Many of the Star Wars Weekends’ favorite celebrities will be returning to this year’s event, such as: Warwick Davis – Wald and Wicket W. Warrick; Ray Park – Darth Maul; Peter Mayhew – Chewbacca; and several others. These celebrities, including the newcomers, will appear each weekend in star conversations, talk shows, autograph sessions, and motorcades.
Bringing his evil powers to Star Wars Weekends for the first time, actor Ian McDiarmid, Senator/Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars movies, will kick off Weekend I, May 15-17. And, to balance out the appearance of the dark side with a beacon of light, actor Frank Oz, the voice of Yoda in the Star Wars movies, will make his first event appearance in Weekend V, June 12-14, to finish out the event. Below is the full lineup of celebrities with the weekend they will be attending.
Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of my own experiences and excitement for attending Star Wars Weekends, so stay tuned for more information!
– Cody Woodbrey
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights has become a tradition for many families and guests traveling to the Walt Disney World Resort. Located in the back of Disney Hollywood Studios on the Streets of America hang over 5 million multicolored lights, covering every building top to bottom. There are literally hundreds of displays to see as you walk along the streets. You will see things like a twirling carousel, Santa and his reindeer, flying angels, toy soldiers, snowmen, bells, a giant rotating globe with Peace on Earth displayed across it, 42 hidden Mickeys, and of course, the traditional manger scene.
Disney didn’t just stop with the millions of lights, but it has synchronized the lights to high-energy traditional Christmas music while covering their guests with some light snow flurries. That’s right. Disney makes it snow the entire night. Each night they go through about 100 gallons of snow fluid and have 66 snow machines to create this winter wonderland. It is the best light display and show you will ever see.
Can you imagine how long it would take to hang over 5 million lights stretching over 10 miles, including rope lights, 130 angels, a hundred different displays, and 32 miles of extension cables? Well, they start putting everything together starting in August and continue almost every day up to the opening night. Pretty amazing if you ask me!
It all started with a father’s Christmas gift to his daughter in the town of Little Rock, Arkansas. Each year he would put up more lights and more displays. When he ran out of room he bought the two houses next to his so he could expand his display. Well, his neighbors didn’t like it very much, so through a court battle he had to take it all down. This is where the Walt Disney Company stepped in and continued their fun and exciting tradition. It was only in 2006 they synchronized everything to music.
In addition to everything else, each year Disney cast members hide a purple cat, and guests try to find where they put him. The cat is one of the original displays from the Osborne family. Most of the displays were replaced or updated throughout the years. The Osborne Spectacle of Lights really is something everyone needs to experience, at least once in his or her lifetime.
– Cody Woodbrey