We are less than one month away from the debut of the highly anticipated film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” – and the return of the Star Wars Galactic Nights event to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
First up – Wicket. Wald. Willow. Wollivan. Warwick Davis has long been part of the Lucasfilm family and beloved by Star Wars fans since his career-starting performance as Wicket the Ewok in “Return of the Jedi.” An established film and television actor, Davis is known for other Lucasfilm roles in “Ewoks: Battle for Endor” and “Caravan of Courage,” and for portraying the title character in “Willow.” He returned to the galaxy far, far away for the prequels as well, with several roles in “The Phantom Menace.” He recently played Wollivan in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and will appear in this year’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and 2018’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
Actor David Collins will also appear at the event to host a special “Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” panel discussion with members of the Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm team. The panel, which will include Scott Trowbridge, Portfolio Creative Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering; Robin Reardon, Executive Creative Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering; Chris Beatty, Executive Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering and Doug Chiang, VP/Creative Director at Lucasfilm, will give guests an inside look at the making of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge lands currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland® Park. Attendees will also get an exclusive peek into the progress being made and learn what it’s like to bring the epic saga to life in the theme parks.
Guests can’t miss Star Wars: Galactic Destinations on the Sunset Boulevard area of the park. Through state-of-the-art projections, the facade of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will transform to showcase stunning locations from across the galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting, and of course the stellar Star Wars cinematic score supports each galactic location moment all evening long.
Star Wars Galactic Nights will also be a great opportunity for guests to celebrate the release of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi at different park attractions, such as the Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi and “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” which will debut new touches inspired by the film that night.
Previously announced event offerings include: The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show, which will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga; park-wide photo ops, including three new backdrops inspired by Star WarsRebels, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge; encounters with Star Warscharacters; specialty food and beverage and merchandise, and much more. Guests are also welcome to dress in their favorite Star Wars attire – please be sure to check our costuming guidelines. Attendees can also enjoy little-to-no wait-times at some of the park’s most iconic attractions.
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9.
Woodbrey Family Travel
When Toy Story Land opens in Summer 2018 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, guests will shrink to the size of a toy and explore all of the fun (and toys!) Andy has constructed in his backyard. This story continues at Woody’s Lunch Box, where Andy has used his lunch box and thermos to create a walk-up quick-service window that will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats. In the rendering above, you can see that Woody’s Lunch Box – like the rest of Toy Story Land – has been adorably strewn about with some of Andy’s favorite toys and items from his lunch. Guests can even spot a green army man on a nearby lookout tower, keeping watch for Andy’s return.
The Walt Disney World® Resort will partner with Mini Babybel to bring this location to life. Stay tuned for more information on Woody’s Lunch Box – and the menu of delicious items it will serve up – in the coming months.
Woodbrey Family Travel
This summer, when guests head on down the highway to Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort, they’ll be able to meet one of the newest stars from Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3,” Cruz Ramirez. Cruz has joined Lightning McQueen and Mater in Cars Land. She’ll also be taking a summer road trip down to the Sunshine State, stopping in on Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® at Walt Disney World® Resort.
In Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3,” Cruz Ramirez is a top-notch technician at the Rusteze Racing Center where she’s assigned to train the team’s talented rookies. Cruz always had racing dreams of her own, but it isn’t until she meets Lightning McQueen that she realizes her passion to compete is still there. Now she’ll finally get the chance to see if she’s got what it takes to win.
Woodbrey Family Travel
New Happenings at Walt Disney World This Summer
This summer is going to be filled with all new attractions and entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort. Each park will have something new to offer to their guests. The excitement doesn’t stop there but continues at Disney Springs and Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park. Several new shops, restaurants and entertainment will be opening throughout the summer at Disney’s Springs. Lastly, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will have guest participating in all new Frozen Games with some of the characters from Frozen.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic Show – For the summer, Discovery River becomes the stage for music and pageantry in a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film The Jungle Book. The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic is a live show filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – The Tree of Life swirls with dramatic color throughout the evening as artistic projections tell stories of love, adventure, humor and culture.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – When this nighttime dance party hits the streets, you’ll get to revel in the splendor of all living things alongside stilt walkers, musicians and more.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – You’ll be able to join singers, dancers, acrobats and musicians for a wild and wonderful street festival that kicks off when the sun sets.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Launch Bay – It’s the place to go for popular character encounters and more. The Launch Bay currently has guests meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren but soon Boba Fett too will be joining them.
- Star Tours– The Adventures Continue – On this thrilling attraction, you’ll travel to Jakku, an all-new destination from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Bring your Younglings to hone their Lightsaber skills in preparation to face the dark side.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Look to the skies for this nightly fireworks finale bursting with Star War music and magic. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is taking this firework show to the next level starting in June.
- Frozen Ever After – This boating adventure through Arendelle features favorite Frozen characters, songs and a visit to Elsa’s Ice Palace in the cool blue world of the North Mountain.
- Royal Sommerhus – You’ll have a royally good time as you meet Anna and Elsa in a charming Norwegian culture.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire – Music and magic arrive at the castle stage for a new show featuring Mickey Mouse and pals, along with characters from The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen.
- Town Center – This new Disney Springs neighborhood will feature unique flagship stores, incredible boutiques, restaurants and much more.
The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an addition of all new Star Wars-inspired entertainment and shopping experiences.
Star Wars Launch Bay
At the all new Star Wars Launch Bay, guests can interact with some of their favorite Star Wars characters by choosing to encounter the Dark Side in a Star Destroyer themed area, or visit with the brave Rebels in a makeshift Rebel Base. One path leads to Darth Vader, while the other leads to Chewbacca.
The Launch Bay also includes two different exhibits – Celebration Gallery and Celebration Hallway to view iconic ships from the Rebel Alliance and Imperial Navy fleet, as well as replica Star Wars props and murals. Guests excited for the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens can head to Preview Gallery to explore an area filled with costumes, artwork, models and more from the new film. And of course, guests will be able to shop at the Launch Bay Cargo, where they can shop a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
This well know attraction has been enhanced to feature new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including minor additions to older adventures so be sure to keep an eye out for those extra touches.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
The popular Jedi Training is back and ready for guests to experience something a little different and new. In this experience, Younglings join with the rebel alliance as young Padawans and learn how to become a Jedi at the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This popular offering also has been enhanced to feature new characters, including a new villain – the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
For those who may not be up-to-date on the Star Wars film franchise, will have the opportunity to do so at the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi. Here, guests can view an abridged cinematic reel that reviews Star Wars episodes I-VII.
All New Star Wars-inspired food items have been added to menus throughout the park. These menu items will include foods such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream Cupcakes, and much more.
“Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular”
Blasting off on December 18, 2015 an all new nightly firework show, “Symphony In The Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” will be added to the line up of great entertainment.
Starting January the 6th, guest will be able watch the fireworks from a reserved viewing area during a special dessert party – “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party.” There will be Star Wars-themed desserts and drinks. Guest will also receive a souvenir stein featuring one of the most beloved Star Wars characters, Chewbacca.
– Cody Woodbrey
At the D23 Expo 2015, Disney has announced an all new line-up of attractions and entertainment will be coming to both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Later this year, Star Tours will include a new adventure featuring locations and characters from the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, giving guests a new adventure in the Star Wars galaxy. This will be in addition to the already 50 different sequences guests experience now.
- Star Wars Launch Bay – This interactive experience will take guests into the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with special exhibits and peeks behind-the-scenes, including opportunities to visit with new and favorite Star Wars characters, special merchandise and food offerings. Star Wars Launch Bay will be located in the Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.
- Jedi Training Academy – A favorite of younger fans is reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain to battle from the popular Disney X D series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Season of the Force – This new seasonal event, beginning early 2016, brings new experiences to both coasts. In Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, you can explore the Star Wars galaxy with special entertainment throughout the land, themed food locations and more. Guests also will be thrilled to climb aboard Hyperspace Mountain, a reimagining of the classic Space Mountain attraction, in which guests will join an X-wing Starfighter battle. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests will close out weekend nights with a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic score of the Star Wars movies.
– Cody Woodbrey
This last weekend at D23 EXPO 2015, Bob Iger announced to the world that Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort, and Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort will be getting Star Wars-themed lands.
With the creation of the all new Star Wars lands at both theme parks will be Disney’s largest single themed land expansions ever at 14 acres each, transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. You heard that right, these two lands will have an all new character experiences where you can meet the Star Wars characters all year round. Another experience guests have been asking for over the years.
“I am thrilled to announce the next chapter in the long and exciting history between Disney Parks and Star Wars,” said Iger. “We are creating a jaw-dropping new world that represents our largest single themed land expansion ever. These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.”
Each of these lands will include two main signature attractions. One of which will allow guests to experience and all new thrilling battle experience, The other attraction allows guests to take controls of one of the most famous ships in the galaxy, the Millennium Falcon, as they take on a customized secret mission.
Dates have not yet been announced as to when everything is to take place but it’s coming and that’s what everyone is looking forward to. When more information and dates are released I will be sure to announce and post them… May the Force be with you!
– Cody Woodbrey