Encounter the Guardians of the Galaxy Starting May 27 During Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure Park
Last weekend, “Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2” blasted its way to the top of the box office charts, and now the cosmic heroes are getting ready to land at Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort. The action kicks off in a big way May 27, 2017 with the opening of the all-new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and the launch of Summer of Heroes which includes Super Hero fun for everyone!
During “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!” Star-Lord and Gamora return to the Collector’s Fortress to retrieve a special artifact … Star-Lord’s precious boom box. Looking to avoid discovery, they ignite a lively party vibe, enlisting everyone gathered around to help out and show off favorite dance moves in a rockin’ Dance Off.
And for the first time, you can encounter the one-and-only Groot. He arrives on the scene just as the Dance Off is wrapping up, but is happy to stay for a while and visit with everyone as Star-Lord and Gamora make their escape.
Summer of Heroes also brings more excitement across Hollywood Land, including the Avengers Training Initiative featuring Black Widow and Hawkeye and heroic encounters with Black Widow, Captain America and your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. This summer is going to be epic!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens May 27 with Summer of Heroes and more at Disney California Adventure Park
Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort will soon be the destination for adventure, intrigue and triumph as recruits from around the world join forces with legendary Super Heroes in an ever-expanding universe of stories that will grow even bigger over time. This summer, Disney is kicking off the action with the May 27 grand opening of the thrilling, rocking attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
This new adventure blasts guests straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story for the first time ever, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As guests help Rocket bust his pals out of the Collector’s Fortress, they’ll experience randomized ride experiences complete with all-new visual and audio effects and music inspired by the popular film soundtracks. Guests will never know which adventure they’ll get!
There will be even more ways to step into Super Hero stories with Summer of Heroes, May 27 through Sept.10, 2017. Guests can answer the call for this limited-time celebration as they join the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy for all-new epic experiences.
Summer of Heroes will launch these new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Guests may run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! Guests can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited time, guests can step up to the challenge with new adventures during Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
The summer brings even more to get excited about over at Disneyland park as classic favorites return with the reopening of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, with the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later in the summer.
Let your Super Hero out!
Woodbrey Family Travel