The groundbreaking series, “American Idol,” will debut on its new home at ABC in 2018. And, there’s more exciting news! For the first time, the ‘Idol’ bus will kick off open auditions at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
If guests think they could be the next “American Idol”, they can head over to Disney Springs® on Aug. 17, 2017 to audition with “American Idol” Producers. (Celebrity Judges will not be on site). Early arrival is encouraged. And, for early birds, parking will be available as early as 4 a.m. – but not before. Registration will begin at 6 a.m. with auditions starting at 8 a.m. Early arrival is encouraged, as registration will close at 12 p.m or sooner due to capacity. No overnight camping.
The auditions will take place outdoors, so guests should make sure to bring water, sunscreen, and a hat to stay in top shape for their audition. Parking will be available at the surface parking lot on the West Side of Disney Springs, near House of Blues and Cirque du Soleil®.
All singers must be at least 15 years old to audition. Pre-Registration is encouraged. You can pre-register and access additional details, full eligibility requirements, submission forms, and terms and conditions, by visiting www.americanidol.com. Those auditioning can bring one guest to accompany them and the guest must be over 5 years old.
Woodbrey Family Travel
This summer, when guests head on down the highway to Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort, they’ll be able to meet one of the newest stars from Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3,” Cruz Ramirez. Cruz has joined Lightning McQueen and Mater in Cars Land. She’ll also be taking a summer road trip down to the Sunshine State, stopping in on Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® at Walt Disney World® Resort.
In Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3,” Cruz Ramirez is a top-notch technician at the Rusteze Racing Center where she’s assigned to train the team’s talented rookies. Cruz always had racing dreams of her own, but it isn’t until she meets Lightning McQueen that she realizes her passion to compete is still there. Now she’ll finally get the chance to see if she’s got what it takes to win.
Woodbrey Family Travel
Today Disney is excited to share that Pandora – The World of Avatar will open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort on May 27, 2017.
This new land will transport guests to the visually stunning world of Pandora. Here, they will wonder at floating mountains and bioluminescent plants, and can join the Na’vi on two excursions that take adventure to the next level.
First, the family friendly Na’vi River Journey will send guests through a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. And second, Avatar Flight of Passage will offer guests the jaw-dropping experience of exploring the world of Pandora atop a Banshee.
Guests will also be able to dine at Satu’li Canteen, grab a drink at Pongu Pongu or shop for Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more at Windtraders.
Also, Disney is excited to announce that their new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland® Park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® in Florida will be opening in 2019!
The Star Wars-themed lands are the largest-ever, single-themed land expansions at Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts. At each location, guests will be transported to a never-before-seen planet – a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space – where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. Here’s a glimpse at one of the signature attractions which lets guests take the controls of the Millennium Falcon!
Woodbrey Family Travel
Disney’s Animal is welcoming a new land known as “Pandora – The World of AVATAR”. For the last several years, Disney has been working on this land and it is expected to open the summer of 2017!
When traveling to this new land guests will be immersed in adventure and wonder with the following experiences:
- Satu’li Canteen – The main restaurant in Pandora – The World of AVATAR that will feature Na’vi art and cultural items
- Windtraders – The merchandise location where travelers can find Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits and more
- Pongu Pongu – A special drink location with a design that is a eclectic as its Expat owner
- AVATAR Flight of Passage – Excursions that offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora
- Na’vi River Journey – A family-friendly experience that will send guests down a sacred river hidden within a bioluminescent rainforest
Over the last year, Minnie Mouse has been inviting guests to meet her friends for a fun and exciting dinning parties at the Hollywood Vine restaurant in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. For this upcoming Halloween season, Minnie and her friends will be dress in their all-new Halloween costumes for the parties. Minnie’s Halloween Dine starts on September 12th and runs through November 6th. The cost for this event is $46.99 per adult and $27.99 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Guests can book this character dining experience today online at DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Woodbrey Family Travel is one of the official runDisney travel provider for the Star Wars™ Half Marathon – Dark Side event at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Which means runners can reserve their spots for the various races with us.
When you book a runDisney package with Woodbrey Family Travel you do not only get an expert on all things runDisney but you will also receive special pricing on Walt Disney World Travel packages and not to mention each runner will receive several fun and exciting gifts. April 20 – 23, 2017 – Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
It is a weekend of galactic fun and fantastic runs during the Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side – at the Walt Disney World® Resort. You’ll be running on Darth Vader’s turf with the Emperor’s white uniformed stormtroopers cheering you on your way. Darth Vader, the Galactic Empire Sith Lord, has a weekend of powerful surprises in store including spectacular runs, special events, entertainment, and much, much more!
Feel the power of the force with runs for Star Wars™ fans of every age including the Star Wars™ Half Marathon, Star Wars™ 10K, Star War™s 5K, and the runDisney Kids Races. Challenge yourself to the ultimate test with the Star Wars™ Dark Side Challenge combining the Star Wars™ 10K and Half Marathon. It’s all part of the Star Wars™ Half Marathon – The Dark Side. Choose your alliance! Run for the light side or run for the dark side – and May the Force be with you!
Disney Princess Half Marathon Packages include:
- Selected Race registration
- 2-day Magic Your Way® Ticket with Park Hopper®
- 2-night accommodation at either Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort (Guests can choose from the other Disney Resorts)
- Complementary Ground Transportation*
- Champion® Women’s Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt (Unisex cut available)
- Commemorative Finisher Medal
- Official Event Guide
- Personalized bib*(Must register by November 15, 2016 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking sign up for friends and family
- Personalized results website
Please contact us for additional information and to register for this event!
Terms and conditions
* Commentary ground transportation includes: Disney’s Magical Express® Transportation to and from Orlando International Airport and select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels, with complimentary luggage delivery. Disney shuttles buses to the famous Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, runDisney Health and Fitness Expo and to the event races. All bib registrations require a minimum of two nights in either Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort along with a minimum of a 2-Day Magic Your Way® Ticket with Park Hopper® Option. Make note the bib registration price does not include the cost for neither the room nor tickets. Tickets can be upgraded for more days in the parks and the Disney Dining plan can be added to any package.
** Participants must attend Packet Pick-up at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers after the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants who did not participate. Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
All Disney names and logos are used with permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement by Disney, express or implied, of any organization, company, or fundraising campaign. Disney does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on this website. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Disney, and agreement with those views may not be implied by use of the Disney names and logos.